Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 11 A song from the musical which made the most impact on you

About 1992 or so I was going through a really hard time in my life.  I had a friend who was as obssessed with PHANTOM OF THE OPERA as I and wanted to help me feel better so decided I needed to go see it live.  She had seen it several times herself and was, of course, always talking about how fabulous it was.  She paid for my ticket and we drove from Vista, CA to LA to see it at the Pantages Theater.  From the moment I set foot in the theater I began to cry and sobbed my way through the whole play.  A few months after that we moved from CA to WA and I played the cassette tape over and over explaining the story to my kids as I went along.  They loved it.  A few years later we were back living in CA and I took Cody-Anne to see it for her 13 birthday at the Curran theater in San Fransisco. Tyler still has dreams of seeing it someday.  

1 comment:

  1. "Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind in this darkness which you know you cannot fight. The darkness of the music of the night."
    (chills)

    ReplyDelete