This is the original plant in all its green glory.It took 2 days to dig the trench between the few minutes after I got home from work and dark. Norm said I had to be there to show him EXACTLY where to dig. We piled all the dirt on a tarp spread on the ground.
Then it rained and rained and rained. For 3 days. When it finally stopped we waited 2 days for the ground to dry out a little and then dug out the original plant. Whew! Really hard work. (And when I say we I mean Norm...of course!) I figured out how many divisions I needed and then he hacked it apart. I marked the planting spaces with little flags and then it rained again - for 2 more days straight. I piled the plants in the wheelbarrow and covered them with soil to wait out the storm. Finally the sun came out and we got the soil booster mixed into the native soil and put them in the ground.
I'm so proud of myself I could just burst. Just call me Madam Gardener, thanks.