Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Julie Nutting Paper Dolls

I'm obsessed.  Seriously.  I've got it bad.   And like all my obsessions I make sure others get obsessed too.  It's usually one of my sisters.  This time it's Carolynne.  I don't remember how I discovered Julie Nutting dolls. I think it was because my friend Caron is obsessed ( are you seeing a theme here?) and she showed them to me.   I really don't remember.  Carolynne doesn't have her own dolls so of course I stamped out dozens for her and outfits and shoes and leggings and skirts and tops and... and ... and... well, you get the idea.

Last year, about this time, we decided to challenge each other to make a doll tag and stay within some given parameters.  We chose the colors red, white and black and newspaper.  We also had to use the same doll stamp. Then we took pictures of our finished tags and sent them to each other.  Here's the result.

This is Carolynne's doll.  Isn't she gorgeous?  Of course, Carolynne had to alter her from the original.  It's how she rolls.
The layering and detail is just exquisite.  And the shoes!  Are you kidding me??  And the coat!!!
I love the tulle behind the snowflake, don't you?

Here's my doll.
Carolynne was restrained in her use of newspaer.  Not me!  I went hog wild.  The background, the banner, her dress and the flowers are all made from newspaper. I used Lindy's Stamp Gang spray on the background and it has a bit of a shimmer to it.  
I have made seasonal dolls that I put out on my hutch.  I'll post more pictures soon.
 In the meantime, see my post here for some dolls I made for Broadway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment