Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Huckleberry Pie revived again


January 4, 2017
Here I am once more attempting to revive my poor neglected blog.  My life has seen some changes and perhaps now I will have the time and inclination to keep it up better.  It snowed most of the night and rained most of the day so it is a wet, sloppy mess out there.  How grateful I am that I didn't have to go out in it.  

I spent time today reflecting back on 2016.  It was an eventful year for sure.  As 2017 begins I thought I would pick a word for the year.  I know others who have done this and they have found it to be a rewarding, experience.  I wasn't sure I wanted to commit to that for a year but after some soul conviction and a desire to make a difference in the lives of others I decided that I would choose a word for my life in 2017. 

 That word is GENEROUS.  This year I will be attempt to be GENEROUS. 

GENEROUS with my time with others.  
GENEROUS with my love for others.
GENEROUS with my forgiveness of others.
GENEROUS with my grace toward others.
GENEROUS with my acceptance of others.
GENEROUS with my laughter with others.
GENEROUS with my love and kindness and caring for others.
GENEROUS with my prayers for others.

And GENEROUS to myself.
GENEROUS with permission to be the best me I can be.

It may not be easy.  NO.  It WON'T be easy but the I'm going to attemp to do it anyway.  

May your New Year be filled with lots of love, life and GENEROSITY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment